Sunday 18 February 2018

The meaning of words

The lines blur before me as I
type. I am struggling. My words
lose meaning as I write more. Time
has passed. Is past. Passes.

Passing...tenses, and context.
Grammar. What is grammar
Clarity. I grasp and hold
this idea. Grammar. clarity, meaning
really? Meaning can be
extracted without grammar.

With context, punctuation. With
intent. These tools we use
every day. Or don't. Every
written communication has
elements - and yet, and yet.
Some do not. A 240 word stream
of consciousness put out for the
world to examine.

Comments responses shares.
crafted in 30 seconds.
Throwaway words. Making a
splash in the airwaves of our
consciousness. Forgotten next
Potentially to be revived
only for a moment before
sinking again into the deeps.

Against this we struggle. In a
world where all words mean
something and nothing. Where
the bombardment never ceases
and time passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment